Michael concentrates his practice in General Business/Commercial and Employment Litigation. He represents both employers and employees in all types of workplace disputes, including discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, contract and severance issues. Michael also handles cases involving partnership or merchant disputes, breach of contract, real estate and property litigation, shareholder matters, brokerage claims, and many other types of business-related matters.
Michael likewise focuses on business and employment counseling including drafting handbooks, employment/independent contractor, non-compete and separation agreements, business contracts, operating and partnership agreements; and advising on various employment-related concerns including hiring and termination, policies and procedures, wage and hour compliance, leaves of absence, and disability accommodation.
With a background in civil litigation before state and federal courts and administrative agencies, Michael is an experienced litigator. He is admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York, as well as the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the District Court of New Jersey.
Michael received his B.S. in Business Administration and Economics from the University of North Carolina in 2001 and his J.D. from the University of Miami School of Law in 2004. While at the University of Miami, Michael served as Articles and Comments Editor for the Inter-American Law Review and authored "Seeking a Standard: Reconciling Child Abuse with Condoned Cultural Practices," 34 U. Miami Inter-Am. L. Rev. 491 (2003).
He is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, the New York State Bar Association and The New York City Bar Association, Labor and Employment Committee.
- Employment Litigation
- Commercial Litigation and Business Disputes
- Employment Counseling
- Commercial Business Matters
- New Jersey, 2004
- New York, 2005
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.s. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- University of North Carolina, Greensboro (B.S. 2001)
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D. cum laude 2004)
- New Jersey Bridge the Gap: New Jersey Civil Practice, February 8, 2013, The Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
- New Jersey Bridge the Gap: New Jersey Civil Practice, January 31, 2011, The Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
- Tri-State Employment Law: The Critical Distinctions You Need to Know, December 14, 2010, The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Career Opportunities in Small Law Firms: A Panel Discussion, April 24, 2008, The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New Jersey Civil Trial Preparation, October 11, 2011, The Association of the Bar of the City of New York.